- Individual Sessions (53 minutes) - $150
- Initial Individual Intake Assessment - $170
- Two Couples Counseling Options:
I practice using the Imago Relationship Therapy model of 80 minutes per session. Within this model my identified client is your relationship. I see the both of you as a couple and I don’t see you individually. My primary focus is to help you both create a safe, compassionate, and supportive environment that can be replicated outside of the therapy session to repair relationship ruptures. Sessions consist of education, modeling, practice, and the assignment of homework. Learning new skills of communicating with your partner means you have to train your brain to learn a new language; one of compassion, safety, and connection. Your relationship is the focus, and you receiving both the tools to nurture and grow your relationship is the treatment.
Imago Relationship Therapy sessions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learning about your personal relationship evolution.
- Developing an understanding of both of your unmet needs from earlier in your life, and how they influence your current conflict.
- Acquiring and practicing the communication skills needed to build emotional safety and intimacy, thus feeling heard, seen, and accepted in your relationship.
- Homework assignments to reinforce what is learned and practiced in session.
You use your insurance, which may or may not require a copay. In this practice, sessions are shortened to 50 minutes and are billed under the insurance service code of 90847. Being that insurance companies base their funding on a treatment for a diagnosis, either you or your partner will require a mental health diagnosis to be sent to your insurance company to authorize payment for services. This diagnosis requires documentation for its existence, therefore a portion of your couples therapy time will be devoted to gathering supportive criteria to justify the diagnosis as well as the creation of a treatment plan for the treatment of such a diagnosis. Both are required to satisfy your insurance company’s billing process.
You pay out of pocket. As mentioned earlier, sessions are 80 minutes in length. The cost is $180 per session. During this time, your relationship is the focus of the time spent in session. No evaluation for a diagnosis or formal treatment plan creation is required.
NOTE: Both options include the practice of Imago Relationship Therapy. However, please be aware that in Option 1, session time is divided to accommodate for the evaluation of a mental health diagnosis and the creation of a treatment plan for such diagnosis.
Current Covered Plans Include:
Carefirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!