Do you feel like your relationship is at a standstill? Are you and your partner stuck in the same argument loop every night? Do you feel like you and your partner are drifting away? Do you desire more intimacy between you and your partner?
All things can be improved, changed, and bettered with just a little support, no matter how big or small. With couples therapy, you’ll learn how to communicate your feelings and needs, and get what you want out of your relationship.
Some issues that bring couples to therapy are:
- Addiction/Partner Addiction Support
- Balance (Work/Life/Family)
- Blended Families
- Chronic Illness
- Extended Family
- Mental Illness
In my couple’s therapy sessions, I help people develop the necessary skills needed to maintain sustaining love.
I use Imago Relationship Therapy, but what is that really?
Imago is a uniquely nonjudgmental, compassionate approach that will help you...
- Reinvigorate your relationships.
- Transform conflict into connection.
- Embrace new possibilities to deepen all your relationships.
How does Imago differ from other types of therapy?
Imago's collaborative approach often takes fewer sessions than other forms of therapy to uncover the root problems and patterns fueling most conflict and disconnection. Imago’s approach also lessens most common concerns partners may have about participating in therapy. These concerns or fears may include - belief a couple should solve their own problems, fear of being blamed for relationship issues, concern therapy won’t bring lasting change, lack of progress with previous forms of therapy, or the belief that the current status of the relationship should be left alone.
Imago takes a relational vs. an individual problem-solving approach. For couples, it guides them on understanding how each of them come to the relationship with issues and how to heal together as a team.
Rather than acting as a referee, Imago therapists teach and guide couples to communicate in a safe and structured way that removes blame, shame and criticism. Instead, by facilitating a conversation the couple can learn from one another, using conflict as an opportunity for healing and growth.
Why is Imago so effective?
Learning how to resolve conflict in healthy and loving ways helps to avoid lasting damage, resentment or hurt that can slowly tear relationships apart. Imago teaches specific tools, skills and guiding principles designed to empower couples and individuals to:
- Express feelings in a non-confrontational, safe and structured environment.
- Address the root of conflicts rather than problem-solve specific incidents.
- Embrace the fact that each partner has different needs, wants and expectations.
- Make small changes that create big differences in terms of happiness and fulfillment.
- Build more intimate, trusting and mutually supportive relationships.